Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 30, 2012

NFL Draft/Sports Notes


Well, it seems as if it is time for the man, the myth, the legend to come home to the blogosphere.

Yes, I am talking about myself.

Well, I know we have had a plethora of Jabs' views on the Pats draft the past few days (an excellent read, if you haven't given the ol' gals a gander yet), but I figured I'd drop in my three cents on the draft as a whole.

*As always, the beat goes on in Washington. They did one thing that everyone expected them to do, draft Baylor quarterback and reigning Heisman Trophy winner (side note: he will not be able to defend his title next year) Robert Griffin III, as well as do one thing NOBODY would think they would do: draft Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins. In my humble opinion, this is not the worst thing in the world. First, it keeps RGIII on his toes; he will no doubt start under center, but if he falters, they have a backup plan. Most important of all, it gave the Redskins an opportunity for redemption. That old saying "When god opens a door, he closes a window"? Well in this case, he opened the "door" and kicked John Beck right out on his entitled, underachieving ass, and effectively closed the "window" on the Rex Grossman Era. So as confusing as this may be to most, I'm pickin' up whatcha puttin' down Daniel Snyder.

*Dontari Poe added to his already robust National Football League (copyright, Jaworski), which includes obscene bench and forty times at the combine, by trying to play a little bit of tonsil hockey with the commish. I haven't seen this much love for Goodell since last year's draft!

*Question: How many times do you think Matt Millen has tried to offer his services to the producers of the draft telecast, only to have the guy say "Matt, do we really need to go to the highlights on this again"?

*I don't know who Tavon Wilson is, but I live by the mantra "In Belichick We Trust". Also, he has to be the most YouTubed player after the draft right? I'm  not sure anyone knew who he was.

*I really, really like the additions of Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones and Alabama inside linebacker Dont'a Hightower to this Patriots team. Jones' eldest brother Arthur plays for the Ravens, and his youngest brother Jon "Bones" Jones is currently the UFC light heavyweight champion. Something about an overlooked guy with speed, size, and 36" inch arms soothes me on the defensive side of the football. I like what I hear about Hightower's leadership on the defensive side of the football. In my opinion, he should have the inside track to play Starsky to Mayo's Hutch on the Patriots revamped defense.

*In football, there is a war that brews every day. It is akin to that of Sox-Yankees, USA-USSR, Bruins-Canadiens, Duke-UNC, Edward-Jacob, etc. The war I am talking about? If you guessed DeMaurice Smith-Roger Goodell ... you would guess wrong. The battle I am referencing is that of Kiper vs. McShay. The old guard versus the young hotshot. Brady-Bledsoe didn't hold a candle to this. I'd take McShay over Kiper: he seems more sensible and is less annoying on a regular basis.

*Speaking of which, Kiper's hair hasn't moved in like two decades right? I swear he's had the same look since my birth.

*Because he is a former wideout, I think Billy Hunter should be canned as the Executive Director of the NBPA. Likewise, Fisher should be told to "cram it up his cramhole" as well. That farce of an Players' Union "executive administration" should be gutted and restocked, much like the Bobcats.

*Maybe Michael Jordan should run that rebuild as well? M*****F***** don't lose! David Stern wouldn't know what hit him!!!

Well that's all I've got for you today. In parting, I will leave you with a little somethin' somethin'...


Ladles and Gentlespoons, I bid the adieu...

JLang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!