Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bobby V Sit Down, and Shut Up.

Ya know what must be tough? Going without the most interesting thing that's happened in most of your sport-related lives for almost a month. And for that I apologize, I mean, how would Whitney Houston feel if you took away her cocaine? Too soon?


I've made it abundantly clear that I think Bobby V is about as useful as tits on a bull but honestly he's really getting on my nerves and the season hasn't even started. He's going to lose the team before they start and if that happens it's going to be a long season in The Hub.

I think the reason I dislike him so much is for three reasons: He can't ever be wrong. He doesn't shut his mouth. And he meddles with everything for the sake of meddling.


Re: He can't ever be wrong Valentine was proved wrong earlier this week with the demotion of Jose Iglesias and tried to spin it so that he looked right. Unfortunately I agree with him that Iglesias should have gotten the nod for Opening Day in Detroit, however I would respect Bobby V if he said, "this decision came from management and I was an advocate for Iglesias the whole time." But no, he spouted his mouth off about Iglesias and then when Ben Cherington flexed his muscles he turtled and tried to make it like that's what he thought all along.

“We decided it was best for him and this organization that he get some real regular at-bats and work a little more on the consistency of his swing and play,’’ Valentine said. “He’s working on things.

“About two weeks ago, he had a mechanic that looked like it was real functional, and I think an 0-for-3 took him out of it. That’s one of the things he has to develop - a confidence in his program.’’

Re: He doesn't shut his mouth Is there any discernible reason why he would need to bring up Derek Jeter's flip play? Look I'm all for poking the Yankees with a stick but really? I think this is the reason I can't stand him. Shut your mouth, do your job and speak when spoken to.

Re: Meddling for meddling's sake I think the next thing I'm about to say may be the most ridiculous thing he's done yet. Valentine is pondering using Mike Aviles in the lead off spot. Because the Red Sox didn't have the best lead off man in baseball last year or anything. His explanation when asked if he was thinking about it: ""Maybe, yeah," the manager said. "Trying to warm up to it, see if I can see it. He quickly strikes fear into a pitcher's heart, I'll tell you that."

Mike Aviles strikes fear into the heart of opposing pitchers? Is there another Mike Aviles on the team? Does he call Jacoby Ellsbury Mike Aviles for some asinine reason? Mike Aviles yes he of the .318 career OBP is a candidate for lead off. The runner-up 2011 MVP candidate Ellsbury, has a .354 career OBP and has by and large hit lead off his entire career. Under no circumstances with a healthy Red Sox lineup should Mike Aviles be leading off.

There is no ideal candidate on the Red Sox outside of Ellsbury to anchor the lead off spot, and Valentine should leave well enough alone. Ellsbury followed by Pedroia and Gonzalez is hands down the best top three hitters in any lineup in baseball providing Ellsbury performs as dynamically as last year.

I think the thing that I hate most of Bobby Valentine is that he's not Terry Francona. Tito, sweet Tito, come back to me and right my ship.

Stay Tuned

Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!